Yorkshire Universities produced a Good Practice Guide in 2014 to help universities maximise their impact on their regional economies and communities with support from European Structural and Investment Funds.
The Guide, ‘Playing our part in delivering growth’, is based on a wide range of EU-funded projects and explores several important areas including:
· boosting innovation through research and development
· embedding expertise in small businesses through student and graduate placements
· course and CPD programmes for business
· collaborative research and knowledge exchange projects
· developing graduate talent to meet workforce skills needs
The Guide contains mini-case studies of real projects from the 2007-2013 programme and practical suggestions for making the most of EU support, as well as highlighting some of the opportunities that will be available in the new programme 2014-2020.