Senior leaders from the NHS, local authorities, education and industry met last week to explore the role of health in driving economic and inclusive growth in the Yorkshire and Humber Region.
The YHealth for Growth conference was hosted by the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN), NHS Confederation and Yorkshire Universities and held at Cloth Hall Court, Leeds.
Keynote speakers included:
- Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
- Professor Sir Chris Husbands, Vice Chancellor, Sheffield Hallam University and Chair of Yorkshire Universities
- Rob Webster, Chief Executive, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Lead, West Yorkshire & Harrogate Integrated Care System
- Niall Dickson CBE, Chief Executive of the NHS Confederation
- Henri Murison, Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
Key themes that emerged during the event included: