The YU ‘Innovation in Conversation’ webinar was organised as part of the 2022 West Yorkshire Innovation Festival on 4 October 2022. We are pleased to be able to share the recordings of the panels:
Panel One – Can universities really help SMEs to innovate?
Featuring case studies from University of Bradford, University of Huddersfield and University of Leeds, with speakers including:
- Claire Paxman – Brand Ambassador & Director of Global Training, Paxman Coolers Limited
- Jonny Binder – Product Design & Development, Paxman Coolers Limited
- Professor Anant Paradkar – Director, Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering Science at the University of Bradford
- Dr Suyog Aher – Head of Research and Development at Octopoda Innovations Ltd
- Olivia Pabois – Michael Beverley Innovation Fellow at the University of Leeds
Panel Two – What can universities do to help wellbeing through innovation?
Featuring case studies from the Leeds Beckett University, York St John University and Leeds Trinity University, with speakers including:
- Ken Clare, Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement Lead
- Saeeda Bashir, Obesity Institute Principal Consultant.
- Dr Nick Rowe, Director and Founder of Converge, York St John University
- Emma McKenzie – Senior Occupational Therapist, with Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Trust
- Dr James Jackson, Reader in Psychology, Leeds Trinity University
- Dr Fabrice Bardy, Co-Founder, Hearing Power